Supported independent living (SIL) and SDA housing
Being able to live independently is an essential part of life and it allows you to exercise choice and control. We provide shared accommodation with support, and you can choose to live in your own home or in a private rental where you can live independently. We help you develop and learn new skills and stay connected with community, family and friends. Support is offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with funding from the NDIS.
Always Care Services also aims to offer functional and accessible homes for people with disability. Our specialised disability accommodation (SDA) homes have easy accessibility to shopping centres, medical facilities, public transportation and other community/social facilities.
At Always Care , we match you with suitable housemates and also match you with suitable support workers. Our Care Champions ensure there is smooth, continuous relationship among everyone in the shared accommodation and we will help you achieve your goals and aspirations. Our SIL personalised plan includes assistance with:
- Meal planning, preparation and cooking.
- Taking medication safely.
- Budgeting, banking and money management.
- Washing, cleaning and gardening.
- Transport to work, school & appointments.
- Enjoying arts and craft, groups and clubs.
- Planning holidays and outings.
- Attending events, recreation and sports.
- Developing new skills, writing and filling forms.
- Connecting and making new friends.